Mold can become quite a pest, especially when you live in a mold prone area like Florida. With all of the natural disasters that Florida falls victim to, like hurricanes and floods, the remaining excess moisture contributes wholly to mold growth.
Ultimately, the best way to prevent mold is to prevent moisture. Unfortunately, that’s not always as easy as it sounds. For some practical prevention techniques, read on. And when mold growth becomes too much for you to handle, call 1-800-Dry-Me-Out, Inc. at 1-800-DRY-ME-OUT. We are the experts when it comes to mold removal and prevention.
1. Control the moisture in your home by running an air conditioner.
2. Monitor your humidity levels with a relative humidity sensor. If your level approaches 55%, you need to correct the situation with a dehumidifier.
3. Use dehumidifiers if needed. Using multiple room units is more effective than using one large unit. Keep it clean.
4. Prevent water leaks from sources such as leaking pipes, roof and clogged gutters.
5. Keep your HVAC system and ductwork maintained throughout the year.
6. Change your air conditioner filter often so it doesn’t become a breeding ground for mold.
7. Use an air purifier. This will help prevent mold spores to travel from one area of your house to the other.
8. Dust your home. As odd as this might sound, mold feeds on dust.
9. Clean wet items, such as bathroom and kitchen surfaces, with detergent and water.
10.Don’t leave wet clothes lying out or in your washing machine. Leave the washing machine door open after a cycle to let the unit dry out.
11. And finally, an easy one: Replace your shower curtain when any sign of mold becomes visible.
Good luck and remember, when in doubt, call 1-800-DRY-ME-OUT.
We are here for you ready to help!